Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla is known for booking top level Southern California talent along with high profile independent wrestling talent across North America and various wrestlers from countries like Japan, England, and Mexico. On February 18-19 2006, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla ran a set of European shows in Essen, Germany and Orpington, England and returned to Europe in October 2007 with an additional show taking place in Paris, France. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's biggest annual events include their year anniversary shows that take place every July, the annual multi-day Battle Of Los Angeles tournament, and the DDT4 tag team tournament. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla title matches have been hosted in promotions such as Combat Zone Wrestling in Philadelphia, Southern California Champion Wrestling, High Risk Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Alliance: Queensland in Australia, Dragon Gate in Japan, 1 Pro Wrestling in England, Ground Zone Wrestling, and Westside Xtreme Wrestling in Germany.
Media and Video Distribution
DVD and Blu-Ray releases of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla events are distributed by Highspots, Inc. and are available for purchase on www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com. In July 2008, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla released its first and only retail DVD release through Big Vision Entertainment, PWG Sells Out: The Best Of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Vol. 1 which featured a collection of PWG matches from its beginning up to 2007. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla also has an official Youtube page which features preview videos for DVD releases and various promos.
- Anniversary Shows: Traditionally taking place in July, PWG's annual celebration of its inception feature plenty of "dream matches" along with various specialty matches. With the exception of the 2005 and 2007 anniversary shows, the main events of PWG's anniversary shows featured stipulation matches that have included cage matches and PWG's signature match, Guerrilla Warfare matches. PWG's anniversary shows are traditionally single day events, but the 2005 anniversary event was a two day event.
- Battle Of Los Angeles: The Battle Of Los Angeles is a multi-day tournament that first took place in 2005. The inaugural tournament was a two day event that took place on Labor Day weekend in 2005 with sixteen wrestlers taking part in the tournament and featured guest appearances from various PWG undercard wrestlers and international talents including Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin, NOSAWA, and Kikutaro. The 2006 and 2007 tournaments would expand to a three day event with a twenty-four man format and featured international wrestlers from the Dragon Gate promotion in Japan along with wrestlers from England. The 2008 edition of the tournament was originally scheduled to be a three day event taking place over Labor Day weekend, but scheduling conflicts pushed the event back the first weekend of November. In November 2009 the tournament would be used to crown a new PWG World Champion after it had been vacated by Bryan Danielson who was leaving the independent scene to join World Wrestling Entertainment.
- DDT4: The DDT4 (originally know as Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Tournament) is a tag team tournament PWG's annual tag team tournament created in 2007 to crown new champions after the PWG World Tag Team titles were vacated. In 2008, 2009, and 2010 the holders of the PWG World Tag Team Championship would compete in the tournament with their titles being on the line in all their matches. The 2007 and 2008 editions of the tournament were two day events that featured eight tag teams and had various non-tournament singles matches and eight person tag matches featuring teams that had been eliminated in the first round. Since 2009 the
- All Star Weekend: Created in 2005, PWG's All Star Weekends were two day events featuring the biggest names on the independent wrestling scene competing in various "dream matches" and was one of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's biggest events. The first All Star Weekend took place during Wrestlemania 21 weekend in 2005 from April 1-2. Since then, PWG has promoted 12, two-night All-Star Weekend events.
- Mystery Vortex: Originally promoted in 2012, PWG's "Mystery Vortex" events are shows where matches are mostly unannounced until they take place, with the occasional exception of main events.
PWG World Champions
|Championship:||Champion(s):||Won From:||Date Won:||Location:|
|PWG World Championship||Zack Sabre Jr.||Roderick Strong||March 5, 2016||Reseda, California|
|PWG World Tag Team Championship||(Penta el 0M and Rey Fenix)||The Young Bucks||March 18, 2017||Reseda, California|