High Desert Wrestling History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Desert Wrestling History

Hi, I'm new to this site and have been trying to create a comprehensive list of wrestling events held in the Victor Valley (Victorville, Hesperia, Apple Valley, Adelanto, etc). I know of several promotions that have promoted this area throughout the years, but none of them (including the Young Bucks' HRW, and AOW) have complete listings of cards, even on sites like Cagematch or Wrestledata. Most of the live shows I have attended in this part of California aren't listed anywhere online (as far as I can find via Google). I know of a card in Victorville that featured Shane Douglas and Jim Duggan from possibly around January 2011 (I believe at the Fairgrounds). Shane Douglas came into my work the night before with some younger workers, and I think they had just come from the PWG Legends show in L.A. I also know of several cards from the 1990-1993 era, at Victor Valley College, that featured Honky Tonk Man, Greg Valentine & Koko B Ware, among others. I have never found any cards featuring them anywhere in the area. I did find an article online for a 1989 show in Victorville or San Bernardino that featured Honky Tonk Man and Jim Powers, so I'm going to assume that the San Bernardino promotion that closed up around this time was probably the one promoting the VVC shows in the early 90's using the WWF contracted indie guys. I've seen footage on youtube of a dozen or so matches with dates that I can find no cards for that relate to it, even for HRW, so I know there's more out there. After having thought most modern records were being kept, i've only just began to realize how many (even in the last ten years, featuring top names) are not.

Anyone have any wrestling results or promotional posters or articles for any High Desert/Victor Valley wrestling cards that aren't already available on Cagematch.net or Wrestledata.com?

If you know approx. dates we have results from probably most of the stuff. Mr. Instant Replay would send results from HRW. Cagematch and Wrestling DataBase gets results directly from here now days, but at various times they didn't so there may be gaps.

The early 90s stuff might be lost to time, as that was pre-internet and info from that time period is hard to come by. The Wrestling Observers from then may have results if anyone sent it in.

There was also stuff out there earlier than that. In the 1970s Barstow was a stop as part of the LA territory and there were shows in Victorville occasionally as well.

Steve

Comment

Hello Steve,

it's Michael from cagematch. Do you have any information about Car Consumer Pro Wrestling. We have some results from here and some others, but i can't find anything about the promotion.
      www.cagematch.net
      Sandmann

Comment

It was basically just a thing that was being run at car dealerships all over the area to get people to the dealerships. Revolution Pro supplied the talent. All of the shows as far as I remember were on car lots and salesmen would hit you up as you were watching wrestling.

Steve

Comment

What info were you looking for on Car Consumer. I did a long pull into them a few years back, because of their affiliation with the NWA. I might have some information.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X