Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[2017 Year End Awards] Southern California Match of the Year part 1 (Jan.-Apr.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [2017 Year End Awards] Southern California Match of the Year part 1 (Jan.-Apr.)


  • #2
    Webpoll voting is now open for part 1 the 2017 Southern California Match of the Year. Part 1 covers matches from January through April. The poll will remain open for 2 weeks.

    The nominees are:

    Douglas James over Lio Rush and Joey Janela – PCW – Jan. 20
    B-Boy over Suede Thompson, Andy Brown, and Jake Atlas – AWS – Jan. 28
    JR Kratos over Tito Escondido – AWS – Jan. 28
    Ricochet over Lio Rush – PWG – Feb. 18
    B-Boy over Christina Von Eerie – Sabotage – Feb. 18
    Ryan Kidd over Eli Everfly – OWA – Feb. 25
    Penta El 0M & Rey Fenix over The Young Bucks and Ricochet & Matt Sydal – PWG – March 18
    Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent?) over LDRS (Zack Sabre Jr. & Marty Scurll) – PWG – March 18
    Willie Mack over Keith Lee – PCW – March 24
    Rey Mysterio Jr. & Lil’ Cholo over SoCal Crazy & Rocky Romero – SoCal Pro – April 15
    The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) over War Machine (Raymond Rowe & Hanson) – PWG – April 21
    Josh Barnett over Jeff Cobb – QPW/AWS – April 29

    The webpoll portion of the voting is worth 35% of the total voting, with the other 65% based on ballots that will be sent out in January.

    Feel free to discuss any nominations in this thread. You may also post YouTube videos of any of the matches.

    Steve

    Comment


    • #3
      Previous Winners

      1999: Mike Modest vs Donovan Morgan double pin - 30 Nov - XPW
      2000: Kurt Angle over Christopher Daniels - UPW - 13 Sep - UPW
      2001: B-Boy over Super Dragon - 03 Nov - MPW
      -Runner up: Rising Son over Super Dragon - 14 Jul - Rev Pro
      2002: Super Dragon over Bobby Quance - 14 Dec - GSCW
      -Runner up: Super Dragon & Samoa Joe over American Dragon & Spanky - 14 Jul - EPIC
      2003: B-Boy & Super Dragon over Jardi Frantz & Bobby Quance - 29 Mar - GSCW
      -Runner up: Super Dragon over TARO - 29 Nov - Rev Pro
      2004: Super Dragon over Joey Ryan - 23 Oct - PWG
      -Runner up: AJ Styles over Rocky Romero - 10 Jul - PWG
      2005: Scorpio Sky & Quicksilver over Chris Bosh & Scott Lost - 07 Jul - PWG
      -Runner up: AJ Styles over Samoa Joe - 01 Apr - PWG
      2006: Tie: Super Dragon & Davey Richards over Roderick Strong & Jack Evans - 04 Mar - PWG
      Tie: El Generico over Pac - 18 Nov - PWG
      -Runner-up: Joey Ryan over B-Boy - 16 Jul - PWG
      2007: Bryan Danielson over El Generico - 29 Jul - PWG
      -Runner-up: The Human Tornado over Joey Ryan - 13 Jan - PWG
      2008: Low Ki defeated Chris Hero - 12 Nov. - PWG
      -Runner Up: Scorpio Sky defeated Chris Bosh - 06 Jul - PWG
      2009: Bryan Danielson defeated Chris Hero - 04 Sep - PWG
      -Runner Up: Shingo Takagi defeated El Generico - 04 Sep - PWG
      2010: Chris Hero over Akira Tozawa - 05 Sep - PWG
      -Runner-up: Kevin Steen over Akira Tozawa - 11 Dec PWG
      2011: Super Dragon/Kevin Steen over The Young Bucks - 11 Dec - PWG
      -Runner-up: Colt Cabana over Adam Pearce - 06 Mar - NWA Hollywood
      2012: The Young Bucks vs. Super Smash Bros. vs. Future Shock - 21 Jul - PWG
      -Runner-up: Drake Younger vs. Ray Rosas - 21 Dec - IWL
      2013: The Young Bucks vs. DojoBros vs. Inner City Machine Guns - 9 Aug - PWG
      -Runner-up: Ray Rosas vs. Johnny Saovi - 1 Sep - IWL
      2014: B-Boy vs. Joey Kaos (AWS, 7/25)
      -Runner-up: The Young Bucks vs. World's Cutest Tag Team (PWG, 7/26)
      2015: Hudson Envy vs. Cheerleader Melissa - time limit draw - (AWS 5/30)
      -Runner-up: The Young Bucks & Super Dragon vs. Andrew Everett, Trevor Lee & Biff Busick (PWG 8/29)
      2016: Ricochet, Will Ospreay, & Matt Sydal over Adam Cole & The Young Bucks – 03 Sept. – PWG
      -Runner-up: Adrian Quest over Rocky Romero – 05 Aug. – EWF

      Comment


      • #4
        I wish that Tito/Kratos match would get more love.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PhantomSoulja40 View Post
          I wish that Tito/Kratos match would get more love.
          Yeah, people are missing out. Some times hard hitting matches like that don't translate as well to video though. Would like to check it out again.

          Steve

          Comment

          Unconfigured Ad Widget

          Collapse
          Working...
          X