2017 Match of the Year talk January through April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Match of the Year talk January through April

With less that 3 months left in the year, and the first match of the year poll starting in December, I figured I'd start the discussion early on possible nominations for the first 4 months of the year.

Just a reminder, if the match is from a television show, we go by when the match took place, not aired. No Lucha Underground matches are eligible for the 2017 SoCal Match of the Year.

Also, the following 4 matches that finished #1 for their respective months don't need to be nominated as they'll be on the list.

B-Boy over Suede Thompson, Andy Brown, and Jake Atlas – AWS – Jan. 28
    Ricochet over Lio Rush – PWG – Feb. 18
    Penta El 0M & Rey Fenix over The Young Bucks and Ricochet & Matt Sydal – PWG – March 18
    The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) over War Machine (Raymond Rowe & Hanson) – PWG – April 21

Steve

Here are a few matches that I think should be considered from that time period.

JR Kratos over Tito Escondido – AWS – Jan. 28 - This was really great and hopefully more people get a chance to see it. Maybe my favorite non-PWG/New Japan in SoCal this year so far.

Douglas James over Lio Rush and Joey Janela – PCW – Jan. 20 - This was also really good. Great performance by Douglas James and janela, but Rush was on fire.

Ryan Kidd over Eli Everfly – OWA – Feb. 25 - I really liked this match as well, but not a lot of people got to see it live and it took place in the dark (it is on the SCU YouTube channel though)

Josh Barnett over Jeff Cobb – QPW/AWS – April 29 - This was great. Cobb has had a terrific 2017 in SoCal.

Rey Mysterio Jr. & Lil’ Cholo over SoCal Crazy & Rocky Romero – SoCal Pro – April 15 - This was a lot of fun.

Steve

Comment

good stuff

Comment

Kratos vs Escondido from January is probably my favorite local match this year so far.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomSoulja40 View Post
          Kratos vs Escondido from January is probably my favorite local match this year so far.
          I think mine too. Cobb vs Barnett was up there as well.

Steve

Comment

This is still taking open. Feel free to email, DM, hit someone up at a show, carrier pigeon, or even use smoke signals.

Steve

Comment

Barnett/Cobb was the best pure wrestling match I had ever seen. Nothing else from this part of the year really stands out from what I had seen. Even highly praised PWG matches weren't as memorable as that.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X