Brock vs Goldberg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brock vs Goldberg

Looks like we'll get Brock vs Goldberg at Survivor Series. I care less about this than Brock vs Orton. Goldberg wasn't great in his prime I doubt he is now.

I could only shake my head when I heard this. I see people interested in it, which surprised the hell out of me. Nostalgia isn't with me here.

Brock hasn't had a good match since the one with Punk. I'm tired of the spam suplexes.
    I'm a changeling, see me change

Comment

I always hated Goldberg. The guy could not work and was sloppy as hell. I think there were only two good Goldberg matches and that was because he was carried by Raven and DDP.

I am not expecting anything special from this one as Goldberg is older and has not wrestled in a decade. The only thing is I have to believe this will be the first competitive match Brock has had in a long time. No way Goldbrick is coming into to get squashed in front of his son. Probably will not juice either. A pity.

I have not been following the angle closely but it seems like some of it has faltered. It was stupid for them to book Brock as a heel in his hometown. The whole crowd was on Brock's side.

I saw a few seconds of the latest showdown while at work. It did not make any sense! Brock is this beast incarnate that has ran roughshod over top tier talent. Why the hell is Brock scared that Goldbrick is destroying some random wimpy security guards? Goldberg also looks considerably lean and smaller from his last WCW/WWE stint. Not as imposing.

I would have preferred Fantasy Warfare with Brock up against the likes of Bryan (too bad they were never able to pull the trigger on that), or Nakamura, or even Angle. Hell, Batista wanted to do a program with Brock when Brock first went AWOL. Batista was hoping Brock and Vince could come to terms. A heel Batista against Brock would be more enticing.

From the dead list, it would have been cool to see Brock and Awesome tussle or another match with Benoit. I never got closure on the Brock/Benoit feud. They had great chemistry too.

Comment

It may get worse. Reports are that Goldbrick got injured tossing around security on the last Raw before SS.

Comment

Well that was a waste of time.

Comment

A minute and 25 second match.

Steve

Comment

I am a little torn on the match/outcome. As a mark, I am cross since I am a Brock guy. I never liked Goldberg. But as a fan it was a hell of a surprise. Surprises by WWE are rare now. It does feel like a waste of building up Brock these past couple of years. But then again it also finally humanizes him.

Goldberg and WWE have agreed to continue their deal and added more dates. Goldbrick will be at the Royal Rumble so the program will continue. I am at least curious to see where it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                Well that was a waste of time.
                And apparently still is.
                John 3:18 NKJV

Comment

I actually liked tonight's match.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                    I actually liked tonight's match.
                    I strongly agree. This is gonna be about as good as it gets with these guys. If only they followed this formula in 2004.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X